Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Social Constructivism

Social constructivism is a theory of learning that focuses on collaboration and group work. The idea is credited to Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky. It focuses on people working together and sharing ideas. I believe this is a great concept when it comes to teaching and learning. As a teacher, I will be implementing group work much of the time. I think it is great for students. My idea of a great lesson would be having students first work individually to come up with their own ideas. Then they would come together in groups and collaborate all of their ideas. Group work allows students to hear new ideas and see different points of view. It is a close parallel to real world situations. I think it is a great way for students to learn and interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment